On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:07:37 -0500, Andrew Patterson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> "I wonder, though, how CXS might be extended so as to represent this sound."
>
> Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is "CXS"?

Conlang eXtended SAMPA, or something like that -- a variation on
X-SAMPA, which is a rendition of IPA using only ASCII characters. CXS
differs from X-SAMPA mainly in a couple of vowel signs, most obviously
using /&/ for IPA ash (//) instead of X-SAMPA's /{/ (I think) and in
things such as using ) for tie-bar in things such as affricates /ts)/.

Cheers,
--
Philip Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Watch the Reply-To!