I downloaded what appears to be the latest version of TEI5 of Sebestian's
styleeseets. (They were last modified on 2004-30-01, and have a version
highter than 3.1.)

I am able to convert a TEI document into HTML, but I got the following
error messages when I tried to convert to fo:

Error at xsl:value-of on line 360 of file:/usr/share/xsl/teixsl-fo/common/teicommon.xsl:
  Variable class_toc has not been declared
Error at xsl:apply-templates on line 169 of file:/usr/share/xsl/teixsl-fo/fo/tei-param.xsl:
  Namespace prefix tei has not been declared
Error at xsl:for-each on line 79 of file:/usr/share/xsl/teixsl-fo/fo/tei-makecolspec.xsl:
  Namespace prefix tei has not been declared
Error at xsl:if on line 95 of file:/usr/share/xsl/teixsl-fo/fo/tei-makecolspec.xsl:
  Namespace prefix tei has not been declared
Error at xsl:value-of on line 97 of file:/usr/share/xsl/teixsl-fo/fo/tei-makecolspec.xsl:
  Namespace prefix tei has not been declared
Error at xsl:call-template on line 355 of file:/usr/share/xsl/teixsl-fo/common/teicommon.xsl:
  No template exists named makeHyperLink
Transformation failed: Failed to compile stylesheet. 6 errors detected.

I converted with saxon (6.5.2, I believe). I corrected the namespace
problems, and I also corrected the first problem by opening up the
tei-param.xsl stylesheet and inserting:

<xsl:param name="class_toc">toc</xsl:param>

However, I'm not sure how to fix the missing template problem. Anyway, I
thought Sebestian would want to know about the errors.

I had some questions about the meaning of all the parameter definitions,
but I'm not sure if this mailing list is the right place to ask them.
Let me know.

Thanks

Paul

--