Hello all,

I am presently marking up the hand-written diary manuscript of Robert Graves
and have a couple of questions:
-- I'm curious about how best to tag words that have been written then crossed
out, and the corrected word placed overtop (place="inline"?) of the deleted
text (i.e. if he thought April 6th was a Tuesday, but realized it was a
Wednesday and so made that correction).
-- similarly, what about when there's if there's a scribble above a word that
has been deleted? is it a combination of <add hand="RG"
streamlined suggestion?
--  can anyone direct me to a "how-to" on enclosures? We're interested in
indicating the enclosure's presence on the related date in such a way that the
heading will simply provide a link to the jpg of the enclosed item *or*
provide this link AND a brief (mouse-over) description available when jpgs
pose problems to the reader.

Thank you in advance, and I hope the simplicity of my queries will be kind of
a relief at this busy(!) time of year,
Jess

J. A. Posgate
University of Victoria
*Please note* this site is still under construction, including the "search"
mechanism, but feel free to browse:
<http://www.tapor.uvic.ca:8080/cocoon/graves/index.xml>