Hi!

Steven Williams <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>  --- # 1 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > When a consonant is fricative or trilled, it can be
> > continued as long we want. Is there any languages
> > that has some words that are only consonants without
> > vowels?
>
> Oh, quite a few. Russian comes to mind; 's' and 'v'
> are both legitimate words (I think they're
> prepositions). Many languages have a syllabic 'r' or
> 'l' (such as Czech, Slovak and Sanskrit).

Russian also has 'k'.  And there the Kroatian island 'Krk' [kr=k].

Caucasian languages also tend to like consonants.

But I think the languages with the least vowels are Berber languages.
E.g. Tamaziqhth.  Or Tashlhiyt as described here:

http://www.phon.ox.ac.uk/~jcoleman/TPS.html

(This link was posted here some time ago.)

**Henrik