Hi!

Shaul Vardi <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> I don't want to say anything about the religious wars that have broken out
> here, except that:
> a) They are making me regret my recent decision to rejoin the group (albeit
> in an essentially lurking capacity).

Hmm, that's sad.  Please stay.

> b) To continue to use the heading "Pater Noster (purely linguistically)"
> long after pure linguistics (or anything pure) have been thrown in the
> garbage seems... well, slightly disingenuous.

Well, the postings still answer linguistical questions about the
pronunciation of certain words, so it is not really totally off-topic.
I was very thankful for the information from Steg that |amen| was
probably [a'men], because this would mean that the rendering in
Qthen|gai would be more like /haNin@/ (with /i/ instead of /@/).
Not that that is a close rendering...

**Henrik