I've just uploaded a recording of vowel and diphthong phonemes (plus a
couple of key allophones) in my subdialect of Australian English:

This version is the original:
http://web.netyp.com/member/dragon/say/vowels.mp3

This version has been artificially slowed down by a factor of 33% so
that it can be heard more clearly:
http://web.netyp.com/member/dragon/say/vowelstretch.mp3

In the future I may get around to downloading phonetic analysis
software so that I can play with extracting formants and so on. Is
this sort of inexpensive home recording adequate for that purpose?
I would really love to see my vowels transcribed over an illustration
of the vowel diagram for easy comparison with such as
http://www.ling.mq.edu.au/units/ling210-901/phonetics/vowelgraphs/

Wordlist:

soy; stone; stifle; stout; stay; stare; steer; soon; stool (allophone);
stood; storm; stall (allophone); stop; star; stun; stern; steam; stint;
extend; stand.

The only thing I wasn't completely happy with was that 'stool' sounded
too close to 'stall', but maybe it really does sound that way. (OTOH,
I'm aware that the nervousness associated with the awareness one is
being recorded has the potential to influence pronunciation).

Yell out if there's anything interesting or remarkable here.

Adrian.