Henrik írta: "Is it worse to leave out diacritcs totally or to put them just
anywhere?"

The latter; at least the people who made the recipe have the excuse of not
being able to use accented characters...

But I do agree that in something "professional", this accent misplacement is
just wrong.

Off-topic: How is "Qatar" pronounced in Qatari Arabic? On TV, it was
mentioned, pronounced [kAtAr\], and my mom mentioned how irritating she
finds it that CNN reporters consistently pronounced it as [kV4r\=]: "There
are supposed to be people knowledgeable about foreign languages explaining
to the reporters how to pronounce foreign words and names".

Trebor