On Dec 1, 2004, at 11:49 PM, Mark J. Reed wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 11:27:58PM +0200, Steg Belsky wrote:
>> Nope, 13/14! :-D
>> Although from one Dzu"Fa"Ri (New Year's Day; Southern Hemisphere
>> Winter
>> Solstice) there are only ever 12 or 13 lunar cycles, the (one) lunar
>> cycle that surrounds New Years Day itself is split up into *two
>> separate months* - Jalág before Dzu"Fa"Ri and Ghalúb after it.

> So what happens when the solstice happens to fall on the lunation
> boundary?

Ooops, sorry made a mistake - Dzu"Fa"Ri is the day *after* the
solstice.  But anyway, if the lunation boundary falls on Rokbeigalmki
New Year's Day, then both the Jalág immediately preceding it and the
Ghalúb immediately following it are full months.  I guess. :P  I never
really thought about that before.  But i guess it makes sense.

-Stephen (Steg)
  "the main purpose of the pyramid is to say
   'my unique pyramid is sky high and made of white marble.
    i do not share it with anyone'."
      ~ andrew nowicki