Itzik,

Thanks for the corrections and explanations!  The relationship between the
Arabic and Latin script versions is interesting.  For example سلام and تود
for salamo and todo - would you pronounce the words the same way reading
both scripts?  I can see leaving سلام like that since it's an Arabic word,
but why تود and not تودو ?

It's also interesting that you write ke rather than que - my guess is
because you want to leave "q" for transliterating Arabic ق (right?) Actually
that does make it look a bit Ladino-like - I recall that Latin alphabet
renditions of Ladino (or some of them, anyway) also use k.

Anyway I look forward to seeing more Ajami.  My Conlang (Tesk) is similar
insofar as it is also deliberately based on existing languages.  Tesk (which
I've been developing since I was about 14) began as a blend of German,
Dutch, Hebrew and a bit of Yiddish, but over the past ten years has absorbed
Arabic influences, among others.  I'll end with our same hopeful sentence
about Ukraine in Tesk:

Kfêt, waðul mix ykrîñín erx slij jkyn. Pax hâðefkái insjala mix ykrîñín xêl
dynjeín ëmmît!

> Itzik Azizi -
>
> Sabe qu'el waz3o en Ukra'ina es muy sa3ab. insha'alla va ser salaam i
> calma en Ukra'ina i en toda la dunya!

I'm impressed! At least it is understandable, though maybe ungrammatical in
some places ;)
_Sabe_ - do you mean 3sn.PRES or 2sn.IMPER ? Neither makes much sense. If
you wanted to say "I know" (1sn.PRES), in Spanish it is _sé_, in Portuguese
it is _sei_, ergo in Ajami it is _sey_ سَي . I have found the word صعب as a
borrowing neither is Farsi, nor in other "control languages". So, instead I
would use ثقيل _taqilo_. As for _salamo_, in this world it can only _estar_,
not _ser_. The same is true about "situations".

So, my version looks like this:
- in Arabic script:
‏سي كه الوضع ان اوكرائينه استا موي ثقيل. انشاءالله بايه استار سلام اي كلمه
ان اوكرائينه اي ان تود الدنيا! ء‎
- in Latin script:
Sey ke el waż³o en Ukra²ina está muy taqilo. Enšallá baya estar salamo i
kalma en Ukra²ina i en todo el donyá!

_Baya _ is subjunctive in this case. _Donyá_ is masculine.

> [BTW, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks after returning to the
> list after several years away. Couldn't resist though when I saw Itzik's
> Conlang].

Welcome back! It seems you've been away for long time: I'm here since
December 2001, but I don't remember you! Anyway, máqdamo en ћeyro, ³azizi!

Cheers,
-- Yitzik