>> Of the two conlang projects I have going right now one of them is
mutating in the direction of becoming more isolating.  However, I'm not at
all familiar with isolating languages as they occur in the wild, and I'd
love to look at the grammar for one or two examples. I'd prefer languages
that are at the more extreme end of isolating.  Can anyone suggest a
couple isolating
natlangs (for which grammars are readily available) that I might take a
look at for guidance and inspiration?

Thanks,

--gary<<

Well, I don't know much about it, but pretty much every place I've seen
gives Chinese (Mandarin) as an example of an isolating language. And I'm
sure grammars are pretty common for Mandarin, at least. (Maybe Cantonese,
too, depending on where you are.)

=====
The Aquamarine Demon

"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." - Bertrand Russell