Selon "Mark J. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>:

> Mephali is a highly-agglutinating language, with syllables that already
> have complex consonant clusters, so at the morpheme boundaries things
> can get pretty ugly.  As an example, I took a shot at the One Ring poem
> (inspired by the "tricky translations" thread, of course), and the
> phrase "in the darkness" in the last verse becomes this monstrosity of a
> word in Mephali: |o˝gelp˝i■ji| /,oN.gelp'NiT.Zi/.  The /pN/ and /TZ/
> feel like articulatory gymnastics to me.  Any suggestions for realistic
> lenition/assimilation rules that might help out?

The very presence of syllable boundaries in those clusters makes them seem not
*too* tricky to me; my only real problem is the vl-vd jump in /TZ/. That my
native speak is poor in vd frics won't be helping.

Still, if assimilation is to occur, I'd suggest /TZ/ going to [TS] or even [tS]
(the later would be the outcome with Tairezazh assimilation rules). Of course,
you could have the voicing assimilation go the other way to [DZ] or [dZ].

No real idea on /pN/, which, too me, doesn't seem trickier than anything else
involving a syllable initial /N/.

                                              Andreas