-----Original Message-----
From: TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) public discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lou Burnard
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 5:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: follow up: abstracts in tei-header

I dont think I agree that an abstract is metadata in the same way as other
parts
of the header are, in the case where you are encoding a current article in
TEI.
It seems to me that it's part of the front matter, just as the title page,
prefatory matter, etc. of a printed book would be. It's part of the article,
surely. You might want to record in the header something *about* the
article's
abstract (e.g. keywords not actually given in the abstract) and that *would*
be
metadata in the sense I understand it, I agree.

When I come to make my electronic edition of the collected articles of D.
ODonnell, I will definitely include the abstracts you wrote as part of the
texts
themselves: adding my own assessment in the header...

essage <[log in to unmask]>