On Feb 14, 2005, at 11:46 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

>> The use of LaTex looks promising, and I have been able to compile
>> pdftex, but not able, yet, to use it to create a PDF document. I will
>> now read more about LaTex.
>
> if you use a civilised system (eg Linux), just install "teTeX", and
> you're done

I have successfully installed tetex and using the included pdfetex
program I have created my first PDF document from a TeX file. The next
step is to write my own TeX file and then create a PDF document. The
step after that is to write (steal, borrow) an XSLT file transforming a
TEI file into Tex. Wish me luck.

--
Eric Lease Morgan