Its one of the (several) reasons to think that the W3C is
not as close
to universal peace and happines as we sometimes thought. My
attitude is
that ignoring the problem is not acceptable, and that we
have have to a)
work harder in our transforms to make valid HTML, and b)
lobby the W3C
HTML to be less of a gang of klutzes. Where a) is a lot
easier than b) -
if you have tried a) you'll realize that this makes b)
rather hard :-}

I won't say my web sites are perfect, but when one of these
things gets
pointed out to me, I do attempt to fix my transforms.
My classic example is lists inside paragraphs.

yes, I use d-o-e :-}

--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk