I have a question involving the encoding of print-era poetry. How would
one encode the left hand line spacing in the following text:

O CAPTAIN! my Captain! our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won;
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:
     But O heart! heart! heart!
       O the bleeding drops of red,
         Where on the deck my Captain lies,
           Fallen cold and dead.

You might say it is a display issue rather than structure, but that's
not quite right. The last four lines are a structural unit in the poem
(they are repeated every stanza), and are consistently layed out this
way. The problem would be even more severe, I imagine, in ee cummings or
the like.

Any suggestions?

-dan
--