On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:30:58 -0500, Paul Bennett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> [...]

Well, "pangram" (or, alternatively, "holoalphabetic sentence") is one
that contains all the *letters* of an *alphabet*, rather than all the
*phonemes* of a *language* (though occasionally, the two notions
coincide).

I made a pangram once for Mark Rosenfelder's Verdurian:
http://www.zompist.com/board/messages/163.html

BTW, for English pangrams I like
Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz
which is four letters shorter than
The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog
yet still contains fairly "normal" words (none of this "cwm" or
"vex'd" business that appears in very short pangrams).
Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs
is two letters shorter than "quick bown fox" and is also fairly "normal".

Cheers,
--
Philip Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Watch the Reply-To!