Mark epenom:

> I've read various descriptions of Volapük
> pronunciation, and some say that |c| is [tS],
> some say [dZ], and some say it is "between" those two
> sounds.  Can anyone tell me, in unambiguous notation,
> what it really is?

Louis Lambert's "A Grammar of Volapük" (1888) says [dz]. M. W. Woods
"Volapük Dictionary" (1888) says that it is [dZ], but also that a
resolution to change it to [tS] had passed in the Volapük Academy but
was not yet in force. Ralph Midgley's Volapük correspondence course
(revised Volapük) says [tS].

So, apparently, in original (Schleyer's) language it was [dZ], then it
was changed to [tS] and remains so in de Jong's revision of the
language.

Thomas