Call for Stylesheets

The TEI is beginning an initiative to collect and disseminate
well-documented XSLT, CSS, and other stylesheets for TEI data. This
call for submissions is an invitation to anyone who has developed a
useful stylesheet and would like to share it with the TEI community.
We have several goals in mind for this project:

--to make existing stylesheets available to a wider audience
--to provide good models for people designing their own stylesheets
--to allow existing stylesheets to be improved and the results shared
with the community

You may submit XSLT stylesheets to the TEI wiki at
http://www.tei-c.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Category:XSLT

and CSS stylesheets likewise at
http://www.tei-c.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Category:CSS

Stylesheets, comments, and questions may also be submitted to
stylesheets (at) tei-c.org.

A few points:

--all stylesheets will be made available at the TEI web site. If we
receive enough, we'll categorize what we receive based on function.

--all submitted stylesheets will be distributed by default under a
GNU Lesser Public License, which allows them to be freely
redistributed, modified, and incorporated into other software tools
as long as any copy continues to carry the GLPL. Please specify if
you wish to make other arrangements.

--stylesheets submitted may be of any sort, as long as they work on
TEI documents: they may produce HTML, XML of any sort, XSL FO, RTF,
OpenOffice, etc.

--all submitted stylesheets should be accompanied by some
documentation. At the very least, we appreciate a brief statement of
what kind of TEI document the stylesheet expects as input, and what
kind of output it produces. Best of all are stylesheets that have
detailed comments, so that other users can understand how they work
and modify them further. The stylesheets wiki contains models which
show what we're hoping for.

--stylesheets need not be general-purpose. If you have come up with
an immensely clever way to display the TEI header, or a highly
artistic display for sonnets that places them in a grid of varying
colors, please feel free to share these.

Thanks are due to Matthew Zimmerman, Daniel O'Donnell, James
Cummings, and Sebastian Rahtz for bringing this together.

Please share your good ideas!

Best wishes, Julia

Julia Flanders
Chair, TEI Consortium