We are delighted to announce a beta release of teiPublisher, an extensible, modular and configurable xml-based repository.

teiPublisher was developed to bridge the gap between having a collection of structured documents that are posted on the Web as static HTML or XML pages, and having a functional digital repository. This is being done by providing the tools to manage an XML-based repository which will make available, search, and browse documents encoded according to any XML DTD.

teiPublisher was designed to provide the administrative tools to help repository administrators with limited technical knowledge manage their digital collections. Building on Lucene, an indexing tool, and the native XML database eXist, the application provides a range of administrative functions crucial to maintaining a web-assessable digital repository.

For more information about teiPublisher, as well as download instructions, please visit our website http://teipublisher.sf.net/

As this is a beta release of the software, we are especially interested in your feedback (detailed instructions for feedback can be found on our download page). This is an open source project hosted by SourceForge.

On behalf of the teiPublisher development team,

Amit Kumar

Susan Schreibman

John Walsh

Stewart Arneil

Martin Holmes

Susan Schreibman, PhD

Assistant Dean,  Head of Digital Collections & Research

University of Maryland Libraries

McKeldin Library

University of  Maryland, College Park, 20742

phone: 301 314 0358

fax: 301 314 9408

email: [log in to unmask]