JC wrote:

> One of my conlangs has a sound that's like a high pitched, whistled s or sh. Of
> the admittedly small set of people I was bugging with this the other day, I'm
> the only one who can do it, but if I say s or sh and sort of curl my tongue tip
> up, I get the whistle.
> Phonology is not my strong point, as you can probably tell :-) Is there a
> common notation for this sort of thing?

As an adjunct to this, does anybody know how to describe the (in)famous
Irish "whistled-t"? It's quite similar to this, only softer and not
quite so much curled as raised.

My phonology-foo isn't quite strong enough for this one.