David,

Hehe, you woke up late, and I woke up early.  Finding your message about
gender was quite the treat for me this morning.

You wrote:

[ . . . ]

> Well, as it turns out, Moro, a real language, does *exactly* the
> opposite.
>
> ombja = boy
> Ne4a = girl
> lembja = boys
> Je4a = girls *or* children (e.g., 100 boys and 1 girl, or all boys, too)

To say this is interesting is an understatement.

Now I really want to know about Moro's pronouns.  Does it have feminine
pronouns?  Masculine?  Neuter?  Is there a feminine pronoun that can be
used in a gender neutral sense, as the masculine pronoun in English
supposedly does or did?  I won't hold it against you if you don't have
the answers to these questions, but I just *had* to try to find out.

[ . . . ]

> Anyway, I just wanted to share that datum, and maybe spark
> a discussion of gender/noun classification in conlangs.  Now
> I'll try to go to sleep...  *shudder*

Pleasant dreams.

CF