On Apr 7, 2005 10:46 PM, Geoff Horswood <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Can you do this with odours?  What odours would you use as the "cardinal
> odours"- the categories like blue, red, green and so on that can be broken
> into different shades?

Earthy - earthy smells are things like wet soil, some sands, rotting
forest litter, etc.

Metallic - I know that copper coins (or at least American coinage) can
have this distinct smell. You could break it further into smells like
"rust"

Sharp - acidic things would give this smell sense

Acrid - bitter smelling

Smoky - from organic matter

musty/moldy - the smell of mold and mildew

Rotten - This might be broken into rotting plant matter and rotting flesh

Sulfuric - possible

Just a few ideas :)

--
Kiwasatra ay tepan ura nga garu kucaku songa
majenyora bilat maacaku lawan ku saal