On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:01:04 +0200, Henrik Theiling <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Hi!
>
>"David J. Peterson" <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>> a lot of conlang names, I've noticed.  Here's a short list (and
>> feel free to add) in alphabetical order:
>
>Do you also have a nice mispronunciation of Qthyn|gai? :-)

I'm probably way out with this one.  [log in to unmask]\|\.gaj/ Sorry.

What about Xinkutlan?

Noygwexaal? (if the phonology wasn't posted too recently)

>> -amman ๎ar:
>> most saliently pronounced by as ['A.mAn i.'Ar], where the last
>
>I did worse: [?a'mam ?i'jar]...

/'&m.m&n i'jar/  With an embarrassing English-style /&/ /a/ conflation. :P

>> -Brithenig: ...
>
>Embarrasingly: ['brIT@nIN]

I think I got this one right

>> -Kangathyagon: ...

I kept wanting to insert a /b/ in it, before I worked out that the thorn
was /T/.  Then I conflated the 2 together:  /kaN.ba'Tja:.gon/  ;)

>> -Miapimoquitch: ...
>
>Same: no pronunciation before finding out the right way to say it.

I'm still not sure I have this right!  /mi.ap'im.o.kwItS/?

>> -Rokbeigalmki: ...
>
>No problem at all.

Really?  I see this one and the order of letters in it just jumbles up in
my head. I still want to say /rO.kI.bE'gal.mi:/  I seem to do this a lot
with words over a certain size.  I wonder why?

>> -Teonaht: ...
>
>Similar to yours: ['te.o.nat].  Forgive me.

/'te.o.naht/

Geoff