> > That guy is <persName key="ART">Arthit</persName>.
> > His nickname is <name type="person" key="ART">Art</name>.
> >
> > I'm not sure about the logic, but does it possible to interpret
> > that "Arthit" is a person, and "Art" is a name -- so they cannot
> > use the same key, as they are different in type (thus different
> > 'object') ? Or this just totally a misconception. And the usage
> > above is just correct.
> >

> The above usage is fine. See my comments above.

Lou is correct, the usage is fine, but I think hammering home a point
he raised earlier is worthwhile. All of the "naming" elements
(<name>, <persName>, <placeName>, <orgName>, and to some extent even
<rs>) are used to encode the *name* of a thing, not the thing itself;
the signifier, not the signed.
So
   <orgName lang="fr">Organisation internationale
                      de normalisation</orgName>
does not mean that the ISO is a French organization, but rather that
its name (as encoded here) is in French. Likewise reg= provides a
regularization of the *name*, not a unique identifier for the
signified object. key=, however, may be used to specify an identifier
for the object, thus disambiguating it from other objects with the
same name. So

  <name type="ship" key="CV00006">USS Enterprise</name>, launched 1938
  <name type="ship" key="CVN0065">USS Enterprise</name>, launched 1962
  <name type="ship" key="NXC0001">USS Enterprise</name>, launched 2151
  <name type="ship" key="NCC1701">USS Enterprise</name>, launched 2245

This identifier may be a key into a database; the corresponding
record may have all sorts of useful information about the object that
was named, including (e.g.) a normalized version of its name.