On 12 May 2005, at 19:20, Dot Porter wrote:

> DOT: For example, I'm thinking of a note that points to several lines
> on a
> folio. If I understand the target attribute correctly, then I need to
> include the ids for all the lines that I'm noting in the target. So I
> could
> have 10 or 12 or 15 IDs. It would be nicer to be able to have a way to
> refer
> to that text without having to make reference to other markup.

If the range of lines annotated is consecutive, you can do this with a
target and targetEnd pointer.

<anchor id="A1"/>This is the start of the passage to be annotated......
and this is its end<anchor id="A2"/>

<note target="A1" targetEnd="A2">These 9192  lines contain some of the
moist profoind insites ever encoontered...</target>

Different (better) facilities are available in P5, but I'm assuming
you're talking P4

 From the Macmini at Burnard Towers