On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:05 pm, Mafke wrote:
> For what it's worth, I seem to recall reading that this is one of the
> most
> commonly changed roots among denaska speakers (from different language
> background), usually to sii,  as in mi sias, etc.

I've only had a few conversations with denaska speakers, but I've heard
this word pronounced as you describe, "sias", and also "cias" quite
often.  I don't have a lot of trouble with it myself but it seems to be
difficult for many.  I'd probably have chosen a german-derived "visi" or
"vajsi".

Todd Moody