----- Original Message -----
From: Rodlox R <[log in to unmask]>

> the name for this verbal phenomenon(sp) may be obvious, but I
> don't know it.

The name is "coordination". Generally this is done by marking the
gender and/or case of each participant on each NP that refers to that

The most obvious example is that English has more than one pronoun.

A small number of languages have some kind of discourse-based (instead
of syntactically-, lexically-, or semantically-based) pronoun systems.
I'm away from my notes and books right now, but there's stuff in
_Language Universals and Linguistic Typology_ by Comrie, and
_Describing Morphosyntax_ by Payne.