Just an observation that's struck me over the last few weeks-- in deriving
new vocab. items for Kash, in the vast majority of cases I come up with
compounds or derivations of existing words. It takes definite effort to
choose a form from the list of possibles

Is this because the dictionary is already quite large (+/- 5000 words, but
fewer bases) and the language favors compounding/derivation, or am I just
getting lazy?  :-)

Cases in point: "commerce" is a derivation of "to trade, swap";
"finance/financial" is derived from "money"; "engrave (on metal)" compounds
"write+metal".

Have others, whose dictionaries are also quite large, faced this same
problem?