On 5/8/05, Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Is this because the dictionary is already quite large (+/- 5000 words, but
> fewer bases) and the language favors compounding/derivation, or am I just
> getting lazy? :-)

I personally like compounding and derivation, and Ayhan has maybe about 400
words total right now. For instance, a sand dune is: ternagkomog, which
means "sand hill" > terang - sand, komog - hill. Market is "matambiryay"
from ma - place of, tambir - sell, -ay - collection of > literally "Selling
places". A store is a matambir > a selling place. Bark (of a tree) is
"samalibo" > "tree skin" from "sama" - tree, and "libo" - skin

--
Remember Kids, only you can prevent misdirected replies! Pay attention to
the "send to" line!

Sig:

They'll have a big parade for every day that you stay clean
But when the trumpets fade, you'll go under like a submarine
And you won't see it coming, no you won't see it coming