tomhchappell wrote:
> Stephen, thanks for confirming my vague feeling with solid history.
>
> --- In [log in to unmask], Stephen Mulraney
>
>><ataltane.conlang@G...> wrote:
>

>>[snip out everything the above comment applied to]
>

>>ObConlang: Drat. No activity for a long time...

I've been busy the last couple of days with a new relay that's started
on the relay list. I decided to put up a slightly more up to date
version of my Minza page for reference in the relay, although it's still
far from complete. There's been a lot of Minza development recently that
hasn't made it into the web pages yet.

http://www.io.com/~hmiller/lang/Minza/index.html

> What does "ObConlang" mean? I've seen it a lot.  Is the "Ob" prefix
> used with a standard meaning?
>
> -----
> Thanks for writing.
>
> Tom H.C. in MI

"Ob" stands for "obligatory" and used to be common in Usenet discussion
groups, when only a small part of a message is actually on topic for the
group. I guess the idea is more or less that a mainly off-topic message
can be brought on topic by mentioning something related to the topic of
the group.