Je 10.06 atm 2005.08.12, James CHANDLER skribis

>I guess you could do a headcount on the group photo to get a rough idea,
>but does anyone have an official figure for the number of participants
>this years?  I seem to recall it was 50 or so last year.

The group photo shows (by my count) 42 heads; assuming the photographer was
not hired, that makes 43, plus anyone who may have eluded the lens. From
what I understand, 50 (approximately) is a more-or-less standard number of
participants in the *biennial* Conferentia. (That was the figure quoted in
the magazine "Esperanto" a decade or so ago in an article about Sergei
Kuznecov, the Russian -- then-Soviet? -- interlinguist who used the
Universala Esperanto-Asocio headquarters in Rotterdam as a base for doing
business while he was attending that year's Interlingua conference in the
same city.)