Kar Salivanto,

Li respondo es: "Yes" e "no".

"S" in Novial pove es voisat o non, den non existe
"z".

Jespersen skripted in sen libre "An International
Language":

It is a natural consequence of the abolition of z,
that Spaniards, Scandinavians need not trouble to
learn the new sound z, and that we need no longer
insist on the letter s being everywhere pronounced as
the voiceless [s]: one is free to pronounce it as the
voiced [z], as the French and English and a great many
Germans and Italians will naturally feel inclined to
do when it occurs between two vowels, as in rose etc.
Englishmen may even say the verb usa, exkusa with [z]
and the substantives uso, exkuso with [s] in
accordance with the speech-habits of their native
language. A modern phonetician will express this by
saying that the two sounds [s] and [z] are not two
phonemes in our international language, exactly as we
saw above that the two sounds close and open e, which
in F are phonemes ( and ), i.e. may serve to
distinguish words, may be used indiscriminately in the
I.L. This liberty to use either of two sounds for the
same letter is of course a great advantage, and is
totally different from the compulsory assignation of
different phonetic values for one and the same letter
according to its position, as is done in numerous
national languages and in Occ with c and g.

Kun salutes sibilanti,

Don li fantome amikali

--- Thomas Alexander <[log in to unmask]> skripted: