Carsten wrote:
<<
> OBConlang: Are there special naming patterns in your
> conlangs? My Ayeri people go by happily with [family name]
> [first name(s)].

I'll throw out a shameless plug for Kamakawi names pages:

http://dedalvs.free.fr/kamakawi/names.html

I haven't put up anything on last names yet, but the ideas was
to have like five, and everyone has one of these five names,
based on which village/tribe they came from originally.  I was
thinking of having it be (I hope this is a word) matrilinear.  (?!?)
I know there's a word for this: Where you take the last name of
your mother.

(Incidentally, regarding the "J" for Homer, I knew someone who
went by the letter "J".  His first name is Jeremy, but he insists on
being called "J" [and not "Jay"].)

-David

-Jim Morrison

http://dedalvs.free.fr/