* Arnt Richard Johansen said on 2005-10-26 19:04:57 +0200
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, taliesin the storyteller wrote:
>
> >All for Taruven:
> >
> >Ego's sibling is |nan| or |žan|,
> >ego's ancestors' siblings are <generations removed>+|nan|,
> >ego's descendants' siblings are <generations removed>+|žan|.
>
> How can a person be a descendant's sibling while not being a descendant
> him/herself?

Sometimes a sibling does not share both his/her parents with his/her
other siblings, only one of them... This parent need not have the same
recent ancestors as the other...

Today, with "your, mine and our children" this can be quite the handy
little distinction :)

t.