Heya folks,

I want to incorporate middle voice into my conlang, but seeing as I'm an L1 English speaker, it's hard for me to see it. I know that "Water fills the cup" is a middle voice (at least, it is according to Rick Morneau's 'Lexical Semantics'), but I have no idea how tell when another verb is, or should be. Can anyone help me with a simple test? You know, one of those sentences where if the verb makes sense in spot X, then it must be a middle?

Any additional info or description of the middle voice, to help me clarify, is great. Heck, I'd even be ecstatic if someone could test me on it, so I can get the distinction down....

Thanks in advance,

Aidan