Hi there,

We've just released the first version of the Image Markup Tool I've
mentioned a couple of times on the TEI list. The purpose of the tool
is to provide an environment within which to annotate images using a
combined TEI P5 and SVG schema, without necessarily having to know
much about either format. This is an open-source project under the
TAPoR umbrella.

The site for the tool is here:

<http://www.tapor.uvic.ca/~mholmes/image_markup/>

It's a Windows application, and is essentially complete and fully
usable (we're using it on two projects right now). It lacks only a
help file, but it has a decent tutorial:

<http://www.tapor.uvic.ca/~mholmes/image_markup/tutorial/getting_started.htm>

You can also see an example of the kind of work we've been doing with it here:

<http://www.tapor.uvic.ca/~mholmes/image_markup/tutorial/web_main_marked_up.xml>

This is a markup of a screenshot of the program interface itself;
you'll need to be using a Mozilla browser or Internet Explorer to see
it, because it requires client-side XSLT to produce the web view.

If you have a use for an image annotation tool, please give it a try
and let us know what you think. This is a serious long-term project,
and we'll be continuing development on it; suggestions and requests
for features are very welcome.

I'm posting this message to the main TEI list, the TAPoR tech list
and Humanist; please feel free to repost it to any other list for
which you think it will be relevant. Apologies for cross-posting.

Cheers,
Martin
Martin Holmes
http://web.uvic.ca/hcmc/