Hi!

"Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Henrik Theiling wrote:
> >
> > BTW: I made some extraordinary progress in S11 syntax
> > during the last few days!  The current version of the syntax,
> > although not totally complete, is now LALR(1) parsable
> > meaning that I have a bison grammar for it.  Yay!  The best
> > thing is that it is almost my initial grammar sketch so that it
> > feels nicely esthetical to me.  It took a while to convince
> > bison that to understand what I want, but now, I'm happy! :-)
>

> Is the S11 syntax on a web site somewhere?

There's an outdated version only, but it shows my intentions:

   http://www.kunstsprachen.de/s11/

Sorry that it is still a bit messy.  When I update, I'll have a
separate and short syntax overview.

Very brief: it is a head-last, topic-comment structure similar to
Japanese, but since the lang has only unary verbs, a normal clause
is a serial verb construction of the form:

   S ::= N-Mood-V N-V N-V ... N-V.

I call the N-V combinations 'adverbs'.  Maybe there will be a few
lexicon entries for single word adverbs, too.  The first N is the topic.

The verbs and most affixes are clitics, so it is mostly the nouns that
start new words.  Nouns and verbs are the same lexical category: each
one being one lexicon entry, but they have a different usage in a
sentence.

As can be seen, an adverb with an incorporated mood (or evidence)
marker marks the beginning of a clause.

There are two forms of relative clauses: internally headed and
externally headed ones, the former for descriptive clauses, the latter
for restrictive clauses.  Both nouns and verbs can be modified, since
they are the same category.

IHRC:

   X' ::= S Resumptive_Pronoun

      The topic of S is the modified X.

EHRC:
   X' ::= S Relative_Pronoun X

     This S has a gap for the topic filled by X.

**Henrik