On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 12:30:54 -0500, Gary Shannon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> So what are the holiday greetings in your favorite
> conlang?

Before I even embark on this for Thagojian, I'd like to find out the
native forms of the name of Jesus Christ in the relevant languages, to
whit Greek, Aramaic, Hebrew and Coptic.

Greek, I've got as Ιησος Χριστος (Iēsos Khristos), more or less, and I
think his Aramaic/Hebrew name is something like Yeshua, so I'm going to go
with something like †Ι̌ηϣυτ Χριστיτ (<DINGIR>Yäshüt Khristöt /
<DINGIR>Yéshït Khristët, depending on transcription -- I may have to poll
the list at some point to the most favorable general purpose
transcription), barring any major interference, especially from Aramaic.

As for my other current projects, fuggeddaboutit. They're not even
remotely in a stable enough state.

Paul