On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 03:43:12 -0500, Chris Bates
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> A while ago on the ZBB and on the conlang list we had a discussion about
> person marking on nouns, since I'd incorporated it into my conlang at
> the time (which I'm doing a bit of work on at the moment). At the time I
> had difficulty citing a clear example of a natlang that had such marking.

Elamite clearly had distinct, obligatory person/gender marking on nouns:

1st -k
2nd -t
3rd Anim Sg -r
3rd Anim Pl -p
3rd Inanim -me (where the basic meaning of the root is naturally animate
e.g. king > kingdom)
3rd Inanim -0 (otherwise)

These are distinct from the markers on verbs:

1 sg -h pl -hu
2 sg -t pl -ht
3 sg -S pl -hS

(where |S| is s-caron)

I know I've mentioned this in the past. I'm sorry if I missed your
particular thread. I do try to read everything on this list, but I'm not a
ZBB member.

Paul