Andrew Nowicki wrote:
> Decimal system is best when Ygyde is used as
> international auxiliary language. When Ygyde is used
> as a native language, octal system is better, because
> it has simpler multiplication table. Our Sumerian
> units of time and medieval calendar should also be
> replaced with an octal system.

I must say that I agree. It's useless to use base-24 and base-60 for time when
we use base-10 (decimal) for almost everything else. Base-8 (octal) is simpler
because there are less numbers to deal with.

> If you believe that "owa" (5) "owe" (4) and "owy" (3)
> sound too much alike, you can use "owa ofo" instead
> of "owa," "owe ofy" instead of "owe," and "owy ofe"
> instead of "owy."

This has the same problem as long Ygyde syllables: The speaker has to know
that the listener is hearing wrong in order to switch to the long Ygyde mode.

One day at the battlefield...
a: The coordinates for the target are: owa, owe, owy.
b: Roger! Missiles are launched.
 KA-BOOM
a: Idiot! You missed the target and hit our own troops.
b: Didn't you say owe, owy, owa?
a: No, I said owa ofo, owe ofy, owy ofe!
b: Why didn't you use long Ygyde in the first place???

The example is harsh, but it illustrates the point: It would be easiest and
most secure to have clearly distinguishable words in the first place.

-- Risto