On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 5:06 pm, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>>  > Ygyde is really a quest for linguistic perfection.
>>  > Octal system is part of Ygyde because it is superior
>>  > to decimal system.
>>  >
>> It would probably be
>>  best to decouple your enthusiasm for the octal system and calendar
>>  reform from each other and from Ygyde, and then decide which of these
>>  things is really most important to you, and leave the others
>>  to someone
>>  else.
>
> I have to agree with this.  An auxlang should stick to one thing,
> communication!

I think every auxlanger is an idealist and that idealism has a certain
messianic flavor at times.  The auxlanger does, after all, want to save
the world from at least one of its follies: its language barriers.  So I
guess it's not surprising that as language intersects other "problems"
the auxlanger might be inclined to solve them all: a "better" way of
referring to countries, a new calendar, a new way of counting.  Zamenhof
didn't stop with language either.

Todd Moody