--- Larry Sulky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Jens, that's a good start! A few things off the top
> of my head:
>
> 1) Consider the spelling "y" for /j/ instead of /j/.
> My gut feeling is
> that that would be more internationally
> recognisable. I have no proof
> of this.

Thanks for the interest. I have definitely wavered
from the beginning about y versus j. Personally I find
that they are pretty equivalently elegant, so I'm
definitely willing to bend to what is most
internationally recognizable. There seems to be a lot
of both, though.

> 2) The association particle "da" is a fine idea.
> Consider also a
> modification particle that works the same way, which
> would help to
> distinguish modifiers from nouns, and modifiers from
> verbs: 'happy
> -like- student'.

I was considering making us of using the same
particle, "da" for that as well, though I am still
thinking about whether it's necessary. In Japanese
there are two kinds of adjectives (verbal and nominal,
I think), and verbal adjectives go right before the
modifier, but nomal ones require a particle ("no"),
which is the same particle used for possession. I
don't think there's any damage from sharing them.

> 3) What will the compounding mechanism be? Simple
> juxtaposition?

I was thinking of simple juxtaposition.

-Jens Wilkinson