On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 19:16:11 -0500, Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> On 2/4/06, Paul Bennett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> አኔ አላውቅም። አዚህ መሰራት ብቻ ካልሆነ።
>
> That first one is still all question marks here.  What is it meant to be?

The script is Ge'ez. IIRC the language is Amharic.

> This particular phrase is a variant - the usual English version I've
> heard has "don't ask me" rather than "I don't know".

Yeah. The former is British (to my ears), and the latter is American (to
my ears). I have been wrong in the past, though, even about British vs
American English.

>> मुझे नहीं पता । मैं तो सिर्फ यहाँ काम करता हूँ ।
> More question marks.

Hindi, written (as one might expect) in Devanagari.

I wouldn't feel too distressed; neither script is particularly well
supported, though between them they have many times the support of
Sinhalese, which is a matter of interest to probably very few people
outside Sri Lanka, as well as, rather infuriatingly, me.

I believe you scored 100% on those that were readable, though, which is
pretty impressive.

Paul