MacLeod Dave wrote:

> I am keeping an eye on them actually, including yours
> and Elomi as well. I won't bother to learn anything
> that isn't stable or doesn't have any content...

Of course it would be bad idea to spend much time
memorizing an unstable auxlang, but I have never
suggested that this is necessary to test the fact
that compound words are easy to memorize.

Here is a quotation from the first post in this
thread:

>The effort of learning any auxlang is determined
>primarily by its vocabulary. Compound words exist
>because they make it easier to learn the vocabulary.
>Obviously, you have to know the optimum size of the
>root set (building blocks of the compound words)
>before making the auxlang vocabulary. For example,
>if you believe that average auxlang speaker will
>memorize the vocabulary of 2000 words, you have to
>determine the size of the root set that corresponds
>with the shortest time to learn the vocabulary of
>2000 words. You can run the tests on yourself with
>the help of existing auxlangs: aUI, Toki Pona, Ygyde,
>Kali-sise and Lojban. aUI has the smallest root set
>(31). Lojban has the biggest root set (1350).

You can get pretty good idea about the optimum size
of the root set by trying to memorize 10 compound
words from each of these auxlangs and 10 non-compound
words from a language you do not know. This is 60
words to memorize. I believe you can run the test in
one hour.

> What I don't think you need to worry about in Ygyde
> or any other language is changing proper nouns and
> using latitude for locations. Changing proper nouns
> makes words less recognizable, and using latitude
> and longitude for locations isn't exact enough, and
> also requires that a person master that along with
> the language. Those sorts of concepts, if you choose
> to go along with them, should be written *in* Ygyde
> and proposed to people who already know the language.

This idea should be tested as well. I invented the
geographic table because geographic names were
arbitrary -- it is difficult to define countries with
adjectives.

> For proper nouns you may want to go with another script
> in writing or something to show that they are words
> from another language, like Katakana does in Japanese.

Ygyde has special words for marking the foreign words.
These special words are listed in the color table.