Dana Nutter skribis je 2006.02.25 8.06 ptm...
>>Take a look at Linux programmers. They have no money
>>and no army and yet they can work together for common
>>good. The Linux programmers can work together because
>>they are rational. Auxlangers cannot work together
>>because they have the mindset of religious
>>fundamentalists.
>
> The programmers you refer to are a small minority.

Not to mention the fact that, like religious fundamentalists of a single
sect, they are all agreed on which particular operating system they
consider the best. Sounds like the auxlang world, ĉu ne?

>>- Sona stinks.

This is not a criticism, it is simply an unmotivated insult.

>>Ygyde is the front runner in the philosophical/a-priori
>>group, but it is in constant flux. A year ago spelling
>>of its compound words was changed. A month ago all
>>geographic names were changed. Ygyde is far too immature
>>for mass marketing. What it needs is a small group of
>>dedicated, Linux-like voluntaries who will test its
>>oligosynthetic foundations and publish test results in
>>a linguistic journal.
>
> How many speak it?  How many are currently learning it?  I doubt that
> one or two people (at most) makes is a "front runner" for anything.  If
> you want to run tests, then go right ahead.  Nobody is stopping you.

I would be interested in knowing which particular linguistic journal
would be willing to publish such test results. As far as I can tell,
while articles about other planned languages (specifically Esperanto)
have occasionally appeared in such journals, almost all (perhaps all)
such articles have appeared in _socio_linguistic reviews, and have
discussed not so much the language itself but related social phenomena
such as the number and competence of native speakers, topics that will
not be applicable to Ygyde in the foreseeable future ...

--
-- Don HARLOW
    http://donh.best.vwh.net/