> Since P5 refers us to RFC 3066 ... we will need to use both two-
> and three-letter language codes in a single document.
>
> Not everyone feels comfortable with the thought of mixing these,
> and I too was initially surprised at finding the above in RFC 3066.
> How do others feel about this?

While I'm not particularly keen on mixing 2- and 3- letter codes in
the same document, I'd prefer to follow the standard than do
something else to avoid mixing 2- and 3- letter codes. However, I
would feel a lot better about it if jing were fixed. Last I checked
jing reported any 3-letter code as an error. I've reported this as a
bug[1], but have never heard anything further.

I am not aware of any software that will actually perform full
validation of the value of an xml:lang= attribute. I.e., will check
that not only does the syntax meet that of RFC 3066, but that the
value of the ISO 2- or 3- letter code, or the IANA registered code,
actually matches a language.

Note
----
[1]