The TEI web site does actually use a fairly decent CMS already -- called
Perforce. We haven't made much of an effort to publicize the fact
(partly because future plans for the website are in a constent state of
flux) but if you download the free perforce client from their website at
http://www.perforce.com/perforce/products.html you can check out any
part of the TEI website tree: it's all available for reading by user
"anonymous" from  tei-perforce.oucs.ox.ac.uk -- that's one of the
licencing conditions. We have not however as yet set up any part of the
website with global write permission, largely out of security concerns.
[Sigh. I never thought I'd have to say that. On the other hand, this
morning I saw the third automated attempt this month of some online
poker joint to get itself listed as a TEI application].

Christian's suggestion of using the Wiki for this purpose, at least
initially, seems to me like an excellent one. Anyone can upload files to
the wiki, provided they have logged in, and anyone can get a login.

I don't know Drupal. Not sure if I personally can face learning how to
use a fourth CMS but that's just me.