Bill Walker wrote:

> I am trying to learn what I can about P5. I have created and downloaded a
> schema from the Roma site.
> How does one deal with parameter entities in WC3 Schema based XML
> documents.  I wish to add reference to lists of character entities (like
> we did in P4)

You have three choices. I won't attemt to rank them :-}

*) put (eg)

  <!DOCTYPE TEI [
     <!ENTITY acute "&#1256;">
]>

at the top of instance files, and list all the entities you need.

*) get Roma to give you a DTD instead of a schema, and manually edit it
    to add the entity lists

*) start to use the new <g> element instead of using character entities

Does that make sense?
--
Sebastian Rahtz

*Open Source and Sustainability*