Mark Olsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I agree.  The Oxford Text Archive has considerable expertise in
> these kinds of matters.  Would the OTA be willing to take a TEI
> test collection on as a subset of its current portfolio?

Hi Mark (et al.),

The Oxford Text Archive would certainly be happy to do this. We would be happy
to receive from the TEI a single deposit of a test collection, which we would
then archive and distribute to any who wanted it.  Or another alternative is to
receive deposits of documents from individuals who specifically indicate that
they want their deposit to be counted as part of a TEI-Samples collection.

It comes down to how much control the TEI (and tools SIG) wishes to have over
what is included as part of this collection.  Either the TEI (or SIG) can create
a collection of representative documents and deposit that (updating whenever
necessary), or we can include metadata to identify any deposits individuals wish
to be considered as part of that collection.

We are happy to receive deposits which are creative commons licensed.

-James