I am using the TEI-XSL stylesheets (v. 5.2.16) via Oxygen 7.1. While HTML works marvelously, PDF conversion with the fo-stylesheets included in the above package and the Oxygen built-in FO-Processor fails: all extended Greek characters appear as # (everything else, numbers and occasional Latin characters is fine). I have tried changing font names in the tei-param files and setting the language to EL ISO code for Greek) without any luck.

Is there anything that can be done with Oxygen or do I need to use other tools? I am an absolute novice in xsl-fo transformation and any suggestions would be more then welcome!

Notis

Notis Toufexis
Grammar of Medieval Greek project
http://www.mml.cam.ac.uk/greek/grammarofmedievalgreek/